When you get to the nursery or garden center where you will buy your arborvitae, pick out the healthiest, most robust plants that have no evidence of disease or insect damage. The potting medium should be moist, but not wet, and the roots should well dispersed in the medium. Arborvitae that have roots growing from the drainage holes or circling the top of the pot are less desirable. Many people choose to buy arbs from a mail order company, which is perfectly acceptable. However, realize that most woody plants purchased from mail order catalogs will be shipped dormant and bare root, that is, without any soil attached to the root system. Such plants may be smaller in size because of the expense of shipping. It is important to plant such material immediately upon arrival. Generally it is best to purchase one-year-old material from mail order companies since this material is more vigorous and will transplant better. The larger material that is offered is often composed of the less vigorous plants held over from previous years. Most large sized arbs are balled and burlapped. Don't buy any arbs bare rooted over 3' tall. Any plant larger should be balled and burlapped.
1. Arrowhead Hunting on our Milan Pa Farms We have 1200 acres in Milan Pa. Where we allow walking and digging for arrowheads for a fee. This was once the site of an Indian Village so there is material to be found!!!!!!!
2. Our Truth or Consequences Ranch in New MexicoOur Fling X Ranch is a must for hunters of arrowheads, fossils, dino bones, and meteorites. Read about our 5000 plus or minus acres of private ranch land that is open for your relic hunting.
3. Our Recent Hunts
4. American Arborvitae - Durable and easy to plant
5. Items I find, bought, or traded for...
6. More Items I find, bought, or traded for...
7. Do you want cheap landscaping material????
9. Do you want cheap - High Quality Nursery Stock?
10. Do you want an ez to plant tree??
11. Questions emailed to us and our answers to common problems.
12. Barter away your surplus for nursery stock
13. Want Free Rocks?.....
14. Want Free Rocks? Bring us your unusual bugs.....
We sell a full line of palletized bags of stone, pebbles, sand and topsoil products.
Leyland Cypress Trees We Deliver and Plant
Our range of potted Leylands are from 2' to 6' in height.
Specials for this month: Its HOT and VERY DRY... You Need To Water Your Trees and Shrubs
Drip Water Kits..... Save a Tree...Save on Water ....Watering Kits Save Trees and Shrubs from this Drought
Adams County, Clinton County, Lackawanna County, Pike County Allegheny County, Columbia County, Lancaster County, Potter County Armstrong County, Crawford County, Lawrence County, Schuylkill County Beaver County, Cumberland County, Lebanon County, Snyder County Bedford County, Dauphin County, Lehigh County, Somerset County Berks County, Delaware County, Luzerne County, Sullivan County Blair County, Elk County, Lycoming County, Susquehanna County Bradford County, Erie County, McKean County, Tioga County Bucks County, Fayette County, Mercer County, Union County Butler County, Forest County, Mifflin County, Venango County Cambria County, Franklin County, Monroe County, Warren County Cameron County, Fulton County, Montgomery County, Washington County Carbon County, Greene County, Montour County, Wayne County Centre County, Huntingdon County, Northampton County, Westmoreland County Chester County, Indiana County, Northumberland County, Wyoming County Clarion County, Jefferson County, Perry County, York County Clearfield County, Juniata County, Philadelphia County